- Category: Traveling
- Published on Saturday, 30 August 2014 05:48
- Written by Lucas
- Hits: 321
When you are traveling or having a holiday, you certainly want to make sure that you will enjoy the whole experience in the most pleasant and satisfying manner possible. This includes choosing the right lodgings that will guarantee your comfort and satisfaction. Among the many options available, staying in a villa isn’t only economical but also practical and enjoyable. When compared to staying in a hotel, staying in a villa offers loads of flexibilities and freedom.
However, it is important to manage the whole deal before taking off on your trip because arranging the accommodation isn’t as easy as you think. Trust me, there are loads of things to care of, including arranging the needed amenities that will support your comfort. You have two different options when discussing terms about villa rental planning: either you contact the owner directly or you use professional villa rental agent service to build a bridge, connecting you and the villa owner. Although these two options are all beneficial, there are some logical explanations and reasons why using an agent will be more useful and beneficial on your part.
The Role of Villa Rental Agent
The agent acts as the intermediary party that connecting you as the client with the owner of the villa. Although you can always reach to the owner directly, often times they don’t really have the time to give you detailed information about the villa. They have their own lives and activities, and managing the villa and its detailed is considered as an added burden for most of them – unlike the agent whose main job is to provide information as clear as possible and make sure that clients will be satisfied in the long run.
My friend once had an unpleasant experience with such villa owner. She wanted to get very detailed information about the villa, so she asked a lot of questions. And it was pretty obvious that the owner wasn’t the patient type who was willing to spend some of his time explaining this and that. His answers were mostly curt and short, and they were considered unsatisfying by my friend. In the end, when she decided that she didn’t want to rent the villa (because of the lack of information), he got pissed off and said unpleasant things to her. I’m not saying that all villa owners are like that, but since I don’t want such thing to happen to me – and will likely affect my mood – it is better to stick to agent’s assistance and help.
Basically, the main functions of the agent are to:
1. Provide detailed information and explanation to potential clients. Getting questions about “how many rooms are there?” or “which one is facing the sea?” or “what kind of facilities will I get there?” are common things for them. In fact, you can ask them as many questions as possible and demand detailed explanation and description. If the villa is located in different island or country from yours, they should be willing to provide you with images of the location, real pictures of the villa, so you can imagine how the villa should look like.
2. Help you providing amenities that you want. There is no such thing as perfect villa. There is always something missing or something too much. For instance, if you are planning to travel with your kids, but you find out that the swimming pool on the villa doesn’t have any protective fence, you can ask for it. Or, if you find out that the villa has rugs here and there, and yet you can’t stand it because you have asthma, you can have it removed.
3. Make sure that your list is fulfilled and provided. It is advisable that the clients – along with the people that are included within the trip – to have their own wish list. The list should include all the things they want and need. Of course, through some filtering process, you and your agent can come up to an agreement about things that can be provided and made available. Then, it is your agent’s duty to provide all the stuffs needed to make sure that you have enjoyable and comfortable holiday experience.
4. Make sure that you have pleasant experience. An agent’s job completes not after making the deal with clients; but after the clients finish renting the villa and go back to their routine. Good agent will make sure that you have pleasant time during your stay, so it is just common if they contact you and ask how things are going.
How to Choose Reliable Agent?
Choosing the right and credible agent isn’t as hard as you think. By spending some time and being thorough about everything, you can find yourself a trustworthy and professional agent. Here are the things that you should do:
1. Choose an agent that is legal and have license. When they have license, it means that they are registered. You can always check their contact details as well as website credential for their validity. Credible agent always has endorsement from reputable business association or companies. You can easily check on this info and get direct answers right away.
2. Credible and trustworthy agent accepts payments through credit card because it shows that they are recognized by financial institutions, like the bank. Just make sure that the name of the company is the same as the name on the account. Don’t make any transfer if you haven’t got any logical reasoning for it. Trust your guts. If it doesn’t feel right, then walk away.
3. Don’t fall victims to overly low price. Yes, it is certainly nice if you can get low pricing offer. But you still have to use your head. Be logical and reasonable. If you get an overly very low offer – much lower than the regular standard – then there is something wrong. If something is too good to be true, then it really is.
Keep those simple yet true advices in mind. Do your research carefully and thoroughly, and you can find yourself a good, professional, and honest agent.
- Category: Traveling
- Published on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 22:14
- Written by Lucas
- Hits: 309
Whenever you go on a travel you should pay attention to international traveling checklist. It is important so you would not forget about something and could be a guide for you to know other country. By having perfect preparation using this checklist you would be prepare of all things that might happened during your travel.
Things that you should not forget:
Passport: since you will go beyond border then it is important to have a form of identification that is accepted by all nations which is passport. You would need to prepare all of the paper to take care your passport months before since they need some time to publish it.
Visa: after your passport is done then you need to get the visa that would allow you to enter the nation you want to go for a period of time. Some country might not need a visa to enter but there are some countries that really hard to give a visa so you need more time to take care of it. This is why it is important to get your visa as soon as possible.
Health preparation: you might feel healthy at this moment but you would not know what would happen once you go on a trip so you should make sure you are in a perfect stamina. The major problem happened when there is a specific disease that spread in a country. This is why you should search what kind of disease that people get while traveling to the country you want to go. Then see whether you need to get a vaccination injection before you go to prevent it. As a part of international traveling checklist, do not forget to get a vaccinations note from the doctor since you will need to show it when entering that country.
Money preparation: since you go internationally you would not be able to use the currency you have right now. This is why you need to have money in the local currency of the country you will go. You might want to see the rate so you would know which one is the best. It would be better to exchange the money before you go because when you change it there you will get higher rate which mean less money for you to get.
Place to stay: you would not want to be confused about where you will stay once you get there. This is why you should book a place to stay way before you get there. Especially when you go on a peak season where all places are full. If you plan to go to several towns then you need to plan your travel carefully. Note each date you spend on a town then book a place to stay in each town.
Local culture: going to a new country you might find different culture so you need to know more about the local culture for your international traveling checklist. This is important so you could act according to the local culture so you would not make a mistake and offend them.
- Category: Traveling
- Published on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 05:50
- Written by Lucas
- Hits: 259
If you plan to go to Bali, you might want to try enjoying their villa. By staying in villa you would be able to get private accommodation and explore this tourist paradise without worry. Below is the list of the best villa in Bali from Tripadvisor that would be able to direct you on which place you should stay in.
Pool view Penthouse Ruby
This villa would give you real pool view that you could enjoy from inside your room. The villa service is complete with free Internet, PlayStation, bean bag chair, washing machine, and in house maid. You could also take their bicycle to tour for free. Located in Nusa Dua it would be easy for you to go to popular destination such as Ubud, Kuta, and Seminyak.
Villa Oost Indies
This 2 bedrooms Seminyak villa is just 300 meters away from the beach so you could enjoy walking on the beach anytime. Inside the unit you will find 2 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Best villa is very suitable for you who search for private getaway since the location is secluded so you would not find any traffic. Then you could enjoy tropical garden views while drinking at their bar. There are 6 in house staffs to serve all your needs.
One villa in Bali Tripadvisor is located near Cucukan fishing area. It is family run so you would feel at home and more comfortable. It would take 45 minutes from the airport to reach this place. When you want to travel you could easily go to Ubud that takes about 20 minutes. The area is the center of all entertainment since you could go to Begudul Lake, Uluwatu, or Seminyak within short distance.
In low season you could take their one bedroom unit for 100 dollars per night or 175 dollars per night for the two bedrooms unit. There is kitchen, air conditioner, and save deposit inside each unit.
This beauty is redecorated in 2011 so you would get new furnished rooms inside. The unit has a swimming pool, 4 bathrooms and 5 bedrooms that separated between two stories. Their service is completed with security guard, chef and housekeeping. There is unlimited Internet access and flat screen cable television. They also provide vehicle for 6 adults with local driver that could take you to airport and touring around Bali without worry.
Salju means snow in Bahasa Indonesia, but when you arrive there you would be blown by how warm this place is. Inside you could enjoy traditional antique and Bali’s art piece that decorate the whole villa. The unit comes in two stories where 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms are spreads.
The villa is located near Brawa beach in the middle of terracing rice field that give you tropical experience. You could also go to any shopping area, café, and restaurant using in house vehicle that driven by local driver who very friendly and helping.
We hope our villa in Bali Tripadvisor list could help you find the best place to stay and enjoy your holiday in Bali.
- Category: Traveling
- Published on Monday, 18 August 2014 11:20
- Written by Lucas
- Hits: 346
Dealing with money is always tricky and can be complicated. The same thing goes when you want to exchange currency and money. Bali is using rupiah (often known as Rp or IDR). It is actually better if you can exchange your country’s currency with rupiah before you leave your country. But often times, people exchange their money with Indonesian rupiah after they arrive in Bali. It doesn’t mean that you can’t exchange it safely; you just need to know the right way and method so you won’t be scammed or ripped off.
First of all, avoid exchange money in the last minutes when you need it the most. For instance, when you want to have a tattoo done, but you haven’t changed your money with rupiah. But then you find out that the tattoo parlor is offering money exchange on the side. NEVER use such kind of service, unless you are willing to be ripped off. It is guaranteed that it is you will lose so much; it is as well as the same as letting them taking all of your money.
Here are other tips when you want to exchange your money:
1. Familiarize yourself with the money. Know for sure the types and value of paper money as well as coins, so you know how much to expect.
2. Check the local newspaper for the exchange rate. Every day, the rate changes, so you need to keep it updated.
3. Make sure that you exchange your money ONLY in these spots:
1. Banks. It is the safest place to exchange currency. However, the currency you see on the newspaper may be different from the ones offered by banks. But that’s okay; at least, you know what to expect.
2. Money changers (the authorized and official ones). You should be able to see the logo of Authorized Money Changer or PVA Berizin on the window. You can exchange your money safely without being worried of scam.
3. Hotels. There are lots of hotels allowing currency exchange, but the rates offered are usually lower that money changers or banks.
Never let your guards down, even in money changers or banks. It is also a good thing to take your own calculator. Although the authorized changer has permit or license, it doesn’t mean that the people working there aren’t sly or have bad intention. Some calculators in some money changers have been rigged, so you need to be careful and bring your own calculator.
Here are the steps to exchange your money:
1. Calculate the rate with your own calculator.
2. Ask to the person behind the desk whether they charge commissions.
3. Tell them how much money you want to exchange. Then, they will calculate the result with their calculator. This is how the first step will be useful on your favor. If they are honest, the result won’t be too much different than yours.
4. Count your currency, but don’t hand them just yet. Simply place the money right in front of you.
5. Take the rupiah and then count them. After finished, don’t pocket it just yet but don’t hand it over to the person behind the desk. If he/she insists on counting the rupiah, take your currency with you and walk away. It is clear that he/she has negative intention.
6. If you are satisfied with the rupiah you get, let them take your currency and finish the entire deal. By the end of it, you should get a receipt. If you don’t get one, then ask for it.